Monday, April 1, 2019

(A) AMORPHOUS (#AtoZChallenge)


Welcome to My Blog, dear fellow bloggers and friends!
This is my first participation in the A2Z challenge! I congratulate the team on their 10th-year-anniversary celebration!
***
I am very happy to say that while I will be participating in this challenge, I am in the last month of my last (3rd) trimester. Through this challenge, I would reflect on my journey as a mother-to-be!

***

My pregnancy was a planned one. We had celebrated our second anniversary a month back, in July. But when I checked using a home pregnancy kit, the positive result came both as a shock and surprise. I could not understand the rush of emotions that I was experiencing. I still can't give a  specific name to it.


While announcing the result to my husband I started crying. He was pleasantly surprised but worried due to my reactions. He tried to talk me through it and gave various justifications as to why this was great news. He reasoned that we both wanted this baby and now I was crying as if it was something out of the blue. But the issue was not happiness or lack of it, but a state of utter confusion. I could not comprehend what I was going through.


Before going to bed, I thought to myself  - 'My Life will change forever'! I wondered if this really was the right decision. I pondered what motivated couples to procreate.  I needed fresh answers. I needed clarity. I needed to form a bond with the child in my womb who was yet to take shape.


The world around and within seemed amorphous.



*Let me know your experiences when you first came to know about your pregnancy as a couple! Did you experience what I experienced?

12 comments:

  1. Motherhood does change you. But, it is such a instant and complete change. As soon as my son was born, I couldn't remember life without him.

    Your reaction to the pregnancy test were natural and common. Even a wanted baby is a huge transition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing your experience. I am glad that I am not alone in feeling this!

      Delete
  2. Yes, we can understand those emotions very well. All the best to you for this challenge and to the baby too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only a mother can understand these emotions. With the birth of a child, a mother is also born. And this confusion and mixed emotions are what help a mother to prepare for the life ahead. Congratulations on your pregnancy, sending lots of blessings your way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Few of my friends have even said this - With the birth of a child, a mother is reborn!
      Thanks Neha for your kind words and the blessings!

      Delete
  4. With the birth of a child, the free couple becomes chained, but that chain is a joyful pain.All the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chain is a joyful pain! Ha ha, I will keep this in mind. Thanks for reading Sarala:)

      Delete
  5. Congratulations. You will be fine. Check the mirror everyday and the glow on your face. Be happy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sunita ji! Your best wishes mean a lot 😇🙏🏼

      Delete