Tuesday, April 16, 2019

(M) MA AND PA - I SALUTE YOU (#AtoZChallenge 2019)


While growing up, I am sure we all must have had disagreements with our parents on various issues! In such moments of tussle, my Ma said - 'As parents, we are your guide. We always keep your best interest in our mind. You will understand these things when you become a mother.' 

Now on the journey of motherhood, I wonder if my child will listen to me while growing up. Generation gap is increasing at a great pace due to rapid technological advancements and increasing consumerism. One becomes technology and fashion illiterate if one does not keep up! I have come across many youths of today's generation who show contempt towards their parents because of the stated reason.

In moments of contemplation, I always feel bad for those times when I argued with my ma and papa. Disagreement is not a sign of lack of respect, but an argument is! 

As parents, they have always stood by me. They have supported me in my decisions related to studying in a specific college, pursuing a career path or change of career path, etc. My choice has always been prioritized and respected. Nothing has ever been forced and every decision has been a result of discussion and deliberation. Resources have never been a constraint. 

Truly, they are a blessing. I exist, because of them. I am because they are. 

Loving, nurturing and understanding parents are the symbol of the ultimate sacrifice of human beings.  

I realize this now, more than ever before. I salute my parents. "Unki charano mein koti koti naman." (I bow down to them millions of times).

Do share your thoughts on this topic.


(These AtoZ Challenge posts pertain to my thought process, physical and mental changes, stress levels, perspective, journey and experience as a first-time mother who has yet not delivered her baby.)

Read ABCDEFGHIJK, L


Top post on IndiBlogger, the biggest community of Indian Bloggers

3 comments:

  1. True, they always have our best interests at heart, but as we grow up, they may become limited by their knowledge and, more importantly, their life skills. And that's when it becomes our duty to take their hand and lead them on in life. That is evolution.

    Find my N post @ 10 Personal Skills Of Narendra Modi That Truly Inspire Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kislaya,

    You're wise to see all that your parents did for you. Sadly not all kids grow into that kind of maturity. I can almost guarantee your child will struggle under your protective, guident care not understanding the reasons behind your decision and might even become argumentive for strong stance. The young can't see what eyes have already seen but as you, hopefully, one day your child's eyes will open to the same truth. Parents always want the best for their kids.

    A2Z Little Mermaid art sketch “Max’

    ReplyDelete
  3. Parents are the greatest blessing. They are so kids exist.

    Dis-agreements are bound to happen and arguments follow. arguments are not bad but they should not across the limits. Each should try to understand the other's POV . Maybe the child will change her/his stance or maybe the parents will realize that their child has a better opinion.
    https://ideasolsi65.blogspot.com/2019/04/nails-parts-of-body_15.html

    ReplyDelete